Friday, April 22, 2011

Seussy Cakes

I love doing themed things: costumes, parties, Christmas trees, baskets, and cupcakes, of course! One of my favorite times of year to play with food is March 2nd. This is the birthday of Dr. Theodore Gisele, also known as Dr. Seuss. So it's a lot of fun to bring some of his food from books to life, as well as be inspired by them!

This time I made Dr. Seuss-inspired cupcakes - Seussy Cakes!

These cakes are still using the slushie cake base, as do most of my first-run flavors, in lemon-lime. So they have a wonderful green color & a fabulously bright flavor! I then placed a thin layer of white icing on top & used red-cherry flavored icing to make stripes, like the hat of The Cat in the Hat! It ended up having a cherry limeade-type flavor to the overall cupcake!

I have more ideas to try with Dr. Seuss & cupcakes, but those shall come later!

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment