Monday, April 25, 2011

Outer Space Cakes

OK...these were WAY fun! Perfect for kids & kids-at-heart!

I needed white baking cups for some cupcakes (because I like color my slushie cakes to show through). At one point I could only find the ones that were with foil liners. I was baffled as to what to do with foil liners! However, it made me think of space. So...what if I made Tang-flavored cupcakes?

So, I made Outer Space Cakes not too long ago. Yes, they are Tang-flavored! I filled them with "lighter-than-air", almost gravity-defying marshmallow fluff. I colored the frosting with an edible silver pearl powder & added some blue food coloring to the decorating bag. Then, for the super fun final touch, I added pop-rocks to the top! And I baked them in the foil liners.

I took this batch to my son's kindergarten class for snack & they LOVED them!

These would be awesome for any out-of-this-world/space/rocket/astronaut/alien party!

No comments:

Post a Comment