Monday, September 5, 2011

Slushie Cake Flavor Adds

So far, my most popular post has been my cupcake that started it all just over a year ago: the slushie cake!

I was asked to make some for my goddaughter's GLEE-themed 16th birthday party. Specifically, 4 dozen of them. I asked which flavors to make & was told, "all of them." Well, I started figuring out where to go from there.

OK, so I decided on 6 flavors. My original 4 (cherry, grape, lemon-lime, orange), but thought I'd add berry blue (instead of the very sour blue raspberry-lemonade) and strawberry. And I want to say that the rainbow in the oven was gorgeous!

Once they were out (so glad I can bake them all at once), I decorated them this morning. It's tedious, but it's pretty nice to try to relax frosting, spraying & sugaring each cupcake. Yes, the process is done one-at-a-time, and I did it will all 48 of them.

After I got all the batter separated out into different bowls to add flavor to, I ended up with some extra of each flavored batter, so I got to try out my new toy:
mini cupcake pan. I will have to say that having all of the colors together in the same place looked like Skittles...you could imagine tasting the rainbow!


I also decided to call my little cuties "flavor bites". So much fun!

Well, after the party, I left 11 behind, and more were being consumed as I left. I think they went over very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment