Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chocolate Birthday Cake & Cupcakes


Well, since we all survived the "end of the world" (said totally tongue-in-cheek), we had my daughter's 15th birthday party. And she wanted devil's food chocolate cake...but...I found these fabulous cupcake liners to use for her birthday, so we went with a cake AND cupcakes! All devil's food.

OK...I was going to attempt Hello Kitty for her cake, but timing & space on the cake didn't really permit. Bummer. But I attempted zebra print on the cake. I probably should have let my cake-decorating mom do the cake, but I was determined!

But I was very happy with the cupcakes. The liners are adorable & I used white buttercream icing &, since she wanted "bling" & glitter, I added edible glitter in pink, purple & green so the cupcakes would also be sparkly.

And now that we have leftovers of cake...we can still enjoy them for a few days!

1 comment: