Monday, April 25, 2011

Raspy Strawmonade Cupcakes

Well, yesterday was Easter. When we gather to eat with our friends & family, it's a great time to bring out the grilling & barbecue entrees & fabulously light side dishes. Perfect time for veggies, salads, fruits, jellos, etc. It's also a great time to pull out some springy light & bright desserts, too!

So, for our 3 family gatherings yesterday, I made Raspy Strawmonade Cupcakes! They are lemonade cupcakes with a tart raspberry filling & a strawberry-flavored icing on top! Beautiful, bright & slightly tart. The raspberry filling is a raspberry jam that my aunt Karen made. She has fantastic jams, jellies & preserves! She sells them under Nine Shoes Farm!

They are a perfect cupcake for the spring & summer get-togethers! Oh...and they are delicious! Plus I finally used some very adorable baking cup liners that were part of a kit I got from my stepdaughter & mom-in-law for my birthday! So cute!

1 comment: