Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler Cupcakes

Lately my kids have been having idea inspirations for cupcakes & my husband has been feeling left out. But he couldn't figure out what flavor he wanted.

Well it's Father's Day weekend & I wanted to find a flavor of cupcake just for him...but maybe one he wasn't expecting.

I dug into his childhood memories & remembered one of his favorite desserts: Blackberry Cobbler!

I rolled out, cut out & baked mini pie crusts in each baking liner, then added yellow cake batter on top of the baked crusts. I made room for filling to put the blackberries in. I also had my daughter help me cut out mini "leaves" from the rolled out crust remainder. I placed & arranged 3 leaves on the top of each cupcake before baking to be reminiscent of a pie/cobbler
While those were baking, I took fresh blackberries & began to make them into a syrup. Once the cupcakes were done & looking adorable, I spooned in about 3 berries into each center.

Now my hubby thinks that vanilla buttercream chilled tastes like vanilla icecream. I made a batch of vanilla buttercream & chilled it. With a melon baller, the chilled icing can be scooped & placed on top of a warm blackberry cobbler cupcake.

They are adorable & so yummy!! Happy Father's Day, honey!

Here he thought that I had planned carrot cake or pumpkin cake roll flavored cupcakes. He was pleasantly surprised!

Plus this is a perfect summer dessert, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment