Monday, April 25, 2011

Peanut Butter & Jelly

With my rising near obsession with creating & making cupcakes, I got some pretty cool stuff for my birthday recently to help me with the creation part of my ideas. One thing I got in particular was a cupcake pan & a device to help make way for fillings!

So, of all the ideas I had to try out the new device? Peanut butter & jelly cupcakes!

I made a peanut butter cake batter (YUM!) & then filled the centers with grape jelly. I then made a creamy, dreamy peanut butter & jelly frosting for the top.

I added a vanilla wafer "crust" on the bottom of half of the batch. So there was PB&J with crust AND crustless! I added crushed graham to the top of the cupcakes with the "crust".

Once I figure out the crust thing (see the previous Erin's Lush post), I should be able to adapt it here. So a future repost for this cupcake is a possibility, too!

I will also look to try this with strawberry jam/jelly. Looking to add a grape on top of the grape jelly filled & a strawberry on top of the strawberry filled ones! Of course, still crushed graham to decifer the difference between crusted & crustless.

Plus, add a glass of milk & some chips...you can have your sandwich AND dessert together, and still have a complete lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment