Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rocky Road Cupcakes - Tweaked

When I made root beer float cupcakes for my boys, I had to make something that my daughter & I could eat since we don't like root beer.

She had been wanting some Rocky Road Cupcakes that I have done before, but I felt it needed a bit of a tweak & I am very happy with how they came out!
Instead of just marshmallow fluff this time, I made a marshmallow buttercream for the filling! Oh, yes I did! Tried it after the marshmallow fluff expanded & dripped everywhere last time; the buttercream seemed to give it much better stability. I kept the almond crust at the bottom of each cake, then topped each with a ring of chocolate buttercream, mini marshmallows & sliced almonds on top. I baked these beauties in elegant black & gold baking liners.

Gourmet & Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment