Wednesday, August 10, 2011

S'More Cupcakes

Well, Happy National S'mores Day, everyone!

How should we celebrate such a day when it's too hot to sit around a campfire to toast your marshmallows? You make 'em into cupcakes, that's what!

I have wanted to make these for quite some time now. But my Rocky Road Cupcakes kept distracting me. But I had to be focused enough to make these cuties...so I did!
I made a rich devil's food chocolate batch of cupcakes with a crushed graham crust on the bottom of each cake. I left space in the middle to put my filling in...my marshmallow buttercream that I finally made on my tweaked Rocky Road cupcakes. I wanted to top these off with a couple of mini marshmallows...but then discovered that someone ate my mini marshmallows. Bummer. I had planned on toasting the marshmallows on top, but attempted to toast the marshmallow buttercream. It slightly melted into a film on top, but not the results I'd hoped for. I then made a delightful chocolate buttercream to surround the filling. I sprinkled a little more crushed graham on top & placed a Hershey bar piece in the center for the perfect garnish.
They are so adorable & so yummy! I want to make these again when I have some mini marshmallows to toast on top.

On that note...I wish you Happy National S'mores Day again, and hope you had a chance to have s'more, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment