Saturday, August 13, 2011

Auburn Neapolitan Cupcakes


I recently was asked to make some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing for a friend. However, when I made them, I think I may have added too much liquid, so they ended up...ummm...not right. Tasting OK, but I would never deliver them to anyone & be all right with it.

But somewhere it made me start thinking that I might be able to try a red velvet icing...hmmm...

So I baked vanilla cupcakes with a strawberry flavored buttercream icing, topped with a red velvet buttercream. I call them Auburn Neapolitan Cupcakes! Like the ice cream, but with red velvet instead...so it's auburn...like my hair!

This time around, my red velvet icing attempt didn't set well, so I need to keep the cupcakes very cold! I added a little bit of sour cream...however, I think I got fat free sour cream, so it was separating within the frosting. Bummer. Cuz the flavor is really good!

They need a couple of tweaks, but the flavor is pretty good! Apparently...they taste like ice cream for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment