Saturday, July 23, 2011

Margarita Cupcakes

It's been a little while since I've posted any cupcakes! Sorry for anyone who has been looking for new posts...but here you go!

Not too long ago, we were having guests over & I wanted to try a particular flavor of cupcake that would allow me to try the piping gel recipe I'd come across. Margarita Cupcakes! The cupcakes tasted like a margarita, I actually had a rim of a sugar/salt mixture around the edge, then I placed a dab of my homemade piping gel (margarita flavored, of course) in the center & topped it with a sugared lime slice candy.

Sadly, my piping gel didn't set well at all...and it melted over everything! However, sticky mess or not, they were tasty!! Our guests were surprised about the salty rim!

I just need to find a good piping gel recipe so I can flavor it on my own. If you have one I can follow, I would be greatly appreciative!

No comments:

Post a Comment